In the first week of September, Koper hosted training event on applied mathematics. Five representatives from each Central Asian university took part. Staff from University and Santiago de Compostela and Turin Politechnic joined forces and offered a comprehensive course for professors from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan on the topics of:
- Practical use of MATLAB® for ODEs
- An Introduction to Partial Differential Equations and their Numerical Resolution
- Finite element approximation of 1D elliptic partial differential equations
- Some topics in inferential statistics
- Introduction to CFD modelling
- Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics
Partcipants were happy with the opportunity and will be able to pass newly gained knowledge to their colleagues and students at home universities.